Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents stopped two separate human-smuggling attempts at southern checkpoints over the past three days.
On June 23 at the SR 286 checkpoint, a canine team alerted Tucson Station agents to one Mexican national hidden behind the front seat of a GMC pickup truck, and another was locked inside a toolbox mounted on the truck bed, officials say.
In response to:
How about... Legal status, no. Citizenship, no. Legal status for illegals = amnesty.
As talks about amnesty continue on Capitol Hill, Human smuggling in Southern Arizona is picking up steam. Just yesterday, authorities ran into two incidents of human smuggling. More from KOLD News 13 in Tucson:
- Media’s take on poverty issues exposes the dishonesty of the press Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals; Update: Two separate bills Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago