Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents stopped two separate human-smuggling attempts at southern checkpoints over the past three days.
On June 23 at the SR 286 checkpoint, a canine team alerted Tucson Station agents to one Mexican national hidden behind the front seat of a GMC pickup truck, and another was locked inside a toolbox mounted on the truck bed, officials say.
In response to:
How about... Legal status, no. Citizenship, no. Legal status for illegals = amnesty.
As talks about amnesty continue on Capitol Hill, Human smuggling in Southern Arizona is picking up steam. Just yesterday, authorities ran into two incidents of human smuggling. More from KOLD News 13 in Tucson:
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago