Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents stopped two separate human-smuggling attempts at southern checkpoints over the past three days.
On June 23 at the SR 286 checkpoint, a canine team alerted Tucson Station agents to one Mexican national hidden behind the front seat of a GMC pickup truck, and another was locked inside a toolbox mounted on the truck bed, officials say.
In response to:
How about... Legal status, no. Citizenship, no. Legal status for illegals = amnesty.
As talks about amnesty continue on Capitol Hill, Human smuggling in Southern Arizona is picking up steam. Just yesterday, authorities ran into two incidents of human smuggling. More from KOLD News 13 in Tucson:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago