In response to:
Mr. Goodlatte, legalization is amnesty. Who really cares about the "path to citizenship"? The reality is that even if citizenship isn't included in this amnesty bill it will later be instituted through future judicial or legislative action -- so please don't try to soothe conservative feelings by telling us that you are being tough by denying citizenship. So now you are "open to a legal status"? Well I guess that says everything about the coming GOP cave. Just be open about everything and don't try and fool us with the legalization versus citizenship trick. The legalization is the amnesty and the citizenship part is just you trying to fool conservatives. Legalization is everything -- give it away and you have destroyed the Republican party.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 16 hours ago