This outcome has been an inevitability ever since Monday's cloture vote, but now it's official. The amended 'Gang of Eight' immigration framework has been adopted by the United States Senate, and is headed to the House of Representatives for consideration. In a rare scene, Senators sat at their desks and voted one by one as the roll was called. Vice President Biden presided over the chamber. Before the result was announced, Biden admonished the gallery against overt expressions of approval or disapproval. They chanted "yes we can" anyway. The final vote was 68-32 in favor, several tallies shy of...
In response to:
All you need to know about the merits of this bill is that every single Democrat voted yes. Shouldn't that tell us something? Shouldn't that tell us that this bill is good for the Democratic party. Shouldn't that tell us that this bill is bad for the Republican party and conservatives in particular? Can you even begin to fathom a controversial bill with 100% Democratic support that would be good for our country?
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago