In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Angelina Jolie’s daughter is “gender assigned” at 8 years old Jazz Shaw 29 mins ago
- NFL Week 17 open thread Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Luke 2:22–40 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Film review: The Interview Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago