In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 27 mins ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago