In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Newsworthy: WaPo builds cute tool for comparing your home’s size to Mitt Romney’s Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Shameless: Harry Reid now demanding amendment votes he blocked for years Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Is Democratic infighting behind closed doors about to become public? Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- GoDaddy feels the sting of politically correct America Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CBO: 10 million will lose employer-based coverage under ObamaCare by 2021 Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago