In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 8 hours ago