In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 7 hours ago