In response to:
The article linked to ends with this: [Cuomo] added that "if these attacks are driven by hate crimes, we have to understand where that hate is coming from, we just have to understand it. We may be able to arrest the individuals that were involved, but how do we prevent it from happening again?" A simple test, then: If the races of the attacker and attacked were reversed, would she be pleading that we need to understand where the hate is coming from ("we just have to…")? Or, would she condemn hate in any form and call for the attacker's/attackers' heads? It's good – and right – that she also should condemn the violence and look to future prevention. But, offering any kind of justification just seems wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 5 hours ago