In response to:
Turn on you? There are times I don't agree with Jon Stewart and his criticisms, but I agree with the idea that he seems to be fair about taking both side to task for stupidness. And, just because a politician/official is on "our side" doesn't make him/her incapable of doing dumb things. Paying attention and calling them on it is an excellent way to keep them focused on priorities, an satire has always been a great tool for that – something Stewart does well. For the times when he "turn(s) on you," change the channel.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 17 hours ago