If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago