I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Can anyone find anything about this event on CNN.com or ABCnews.com? I cannot. If the MSM is not reporting this, the Dems plan to deliberately drive over the cliff and blame it on the GOP will be successful. McConnell needs to repeat the stunt, over and over.
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 31 minutes ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago