Scotland Yard has been conducting a criminal investigation into allegations of child sex abuse by the late disc jockey and TV personality Jimmy Savile over six decades, describing him as a "predatory sex offender." In mid-October, the metropolitan police stated they were pursuing...
Thompson's record at the BBC, as it relates to who he attacks and who he protects, has been carefully monitored. I can just hear the NYT boardroom meeting now: "Okay comrades, listen up! As you should all know by now,assuming you read my memo, Mr. Thompson has once again proven that he likes and dislikes the same kinds of people that we do. He has not waivered in his 21st century journalistic duty to place news articles unflattering to conservatives above-the-fold, and those articles unflattering to liberals in-the-round-file. This obviously is the man to lead our institution of fairness and decency, this bastion of truth, into our brave new future, as outlined by our messiah -- bless his 2nd coming, may his name be praised."
Mark Thompson, a former director-general of the British Broadcasting Corporation, began his new job Monday as president and CEO of The New York Times. The lack of embarrassment was remarkable. Thompson claimed he was the worst kind of ignorant buffoon, knowing nothing about the massive sex-abuse scandal -- and then its censorship -- that's rocking the BBC.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014