Scotland Yard has been conducting a criminal investigation into allegations of child sex abuse by the late disc jockey and TV personality Jimmy Savile over six decades, describing him as a "predatory sex offender." In mid-October, the metropolitan police stated they were pursuing...
Thompson's record at the BBC, as it relates to who he attacks and who he protects, has been carefully monitored. I can just hear the NYT boardroom meeting now: "Okay comrades, listen up! As you should all know by now,assuming you read my memo, Mr. Thompson has once again proven that he likes and dislikes the same kinds of people that we do. He has not waivered in his 21st century journalistic duty to place news articles unflattering to conservatives above-the-fold, and those articles unflattering to liberals in-the-round-file. This obviously is the man to lead our institution of fairness and decency, this bastion of truth, into our brave new future, as outlined by our messiah -- bless his 2nd coming, may his name be praised."
Mark Thompson, a former director-general of the British Broadcasting Corporation, began his new job Monday as president and CEO of The New York Times. The lack of embarrassment was remarkable. Thompson claimed he was the worst kind of ignorant buffoon, knowing nothing about the massive sex-abuse scandal -- and then its censorship -- that's rocking the BBC.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago