Maybe these famous atheists (to name a few): Philosophers: John Stuart Mill, Friedrich Nietzsche, Sir Bertrand Russell, George Santayana, Jean-Paul Sartre Scientists: Francis Krik & James Watson (discoverers of the DNA molecule), Thomas Edison Sigmund Freud, Steven Hawking (probably the brainiest person alive), Peter Higgs (discoverer of the boson particle) Sir Julian Huxley, Richard Leakey (paleontologist), Frederick Joliot-Curie (radium, X-rays) Linus Pauling (Nobel Prize), Ivan Pavlov, Carl Sagan, Alan Turing (father of modern computer science) Miscellaneous: Clement Atlee and Jim Callaghan (British Prime Ministers), Allan Pinkerton (founded the famous detective agency), Bill Gates
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago