When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
The pollsters are coming up with the best numbers they can; in an effort to make his majesty look good. Liberals lie; about everything; all the time. They need to lie because their ideas are vapid and weak. They must weight the polls in favor of the idiot in chief because if they don't everyone will know that he is going to lose in a bigger landslide than Carter did. This is their only hope of possibly turning democrats back to their side. However, their efforts are in vain because every time the idiot in chief opens is lying mouth he proves his incompetence with even more rigor of scientific certainty. Please get this idiot out of office now before it is too late to repair the damage he has done.
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago