Hollywood's march to tear down -- to obliterate, really -- every boundary of sexual decency should compel even the harshest accusers of social conservatives like Rick Santorum to apologize profusely. They were wrong to mock conservatives for warning of the extremes, as we're lurching so quickly and easily into the darkest "love who you want" extremes of the...
The critical error is in the claim that sympathy equals or requires approval and acceptance. We may sympathize with the person who has uncontrollable sexual desires, but that does not mean we may allow or excuse them. As G. K. Chesterton said, "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line someplace."
Veteran reporter Sharon Waxman knew she'd found a new low. Reporting from the Toronto Film Festival, she revealed the viewpoint of director Nick Cassavetes, which she summarized in a headline: "Who Gives a Damn? Love Who You Want." The topic was incest.
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago