Hollywood's march to tear down -- to obliterate, really -- every boundary of sexual decency should compel even the harshest accusers of social conservatives like Rick Santorum to apologize profusely. They were wrong to mock conservatives for warning of the extremes, as we're lurching so quickly and easily into the darkest "love who you want" extremes of the...
The critical error is in the claim that sympathy equals or requires approval and acceptance. We may sympathize with the person who has uncontrollable sexual desires, but that does not mean we may allow or excuse them. As G. K. Chesterton said, "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line someplace."
Veteran reporter Sharon Waxman knew she'd found a new low. Reporting from the Toronto Film Festival, she revealed the viewpoint of director Nick Cassavetes, which she summarized in a headline: "Who Gives a Damn? Love Who You Want." The topic was incest.
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago