The White House is pushing new government spending to "spur economic growth," protect manufacturing plants and "create good-paying jobs" to help America's middle class. Yet across the country, with aggressive lobbying by the...
And while Obama sheds a tear, once in a while, and cares so much about kids, emt's, police, etc. etc, and, oh yes, the middle class, I really was touched by the coal miner who grabbed Romney's arm, when that man was campaigning, begging him to help keep the mine open. A union man, perhaps with kids at home, who's father may have been a miner. He may still recall how miners united against the company store mentality, but Democrats are no longer on his side. One wonders how union leaders, like Trumpka, can tolerate Obama, in his frequent visits to the oval office. He must also think you can parasitize the private sector forever.
Here's the latest example of head-splitting cognitive dissonance in Washington: President Obama used his State of the Union address to crusade for a revitalized U.S. manufacturing sector. But while he pays lip service to supporting businesses that build their products on American soil, Obama and his left-wing operatives are hell-bent on driving a key sector of the U.S. manufacturing industry six feet under: the American firearms and ammunition industry.
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago