The White House is pushing new government spending to "spur economic growth," protect manufacturing plants and "create good-paying jobs" to help America's middle class. Yet across the country, with aggressive lobbying by the...
And while Obama sheds a tear, once in a while, and cares so much about kids, emt's, police, etc. etc, and, oh yes, the middle class, I really was touched by the coal miner who grabbed Romney's arm, when that man was campaigning, begging him to help keep the mine open. A union man, perhaps with kids at home, who's father may have been a miner. He may still recall how miners united against the company store mentality, but Democrats are no longer on his side. One wonders how union leaders, like Trumpka, can tolerate Obama, in his frequent visits to the oval office. He must also think you can parasitize the private sector forever.
Here's the latest example of head-splitting cognitive dissonance in Washington: President Obama used his State of the Union address to crusade for a revitalized U.S. manufacturing sector. But while he pays lip service to supporting businesses that build their products on American soil, Obama and his left-wing operatives are hell-bent on driving a key sector of the U.S. manufacturing industry six feet under: the American firearms and ammunition industry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago