The White House is pushing new government spending to "spur economic growth," protect manufacturing plants and "create good-paying jobs" to help America's middle class. Yet across the country, with aggressive lobbying by the...
And while Obama sheds a tear, once in a while, and cares so much about kids, emt's, police, etc. etc, and, oh yes, the middle class, I really was touched by the coal miner who grabbed Romney's arm, when that man was campaigning, begging him to help keep the mine open. A union man, perhaps with kids at home, who's father may have been a miner. He may still recall how miners united against the company store mentality, but Democrats are no longer on his side. One wonders how union leaders, like Trumpka, can tolerate Obama, in his frequent visits to the oval office. He must also think you can parasitize the private sector forever.
Here's the latest example of head-splitting cognitive dissonance in Washington: President Obama used his State of the Union address to crusade for a revitalized U.S. manufacturing sector. But while he pays lip service to supporting businesses that build their products on American soil, Obama and his left-wing operatives are hell-bent on driving a key sector of the U.S. manufacturing industry six feet under: the American firearms and ammunition industry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 10 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago