The election was more than a month ago and many in Washington and around the country are still scrambling to break out their divining rods and polish off their crystal balls. There are still many unanswered questions about the direction of President Obama’s next term, particularly how it will govern on energy policy. Will the President embrace the economic engine of energy production, or will he side with the climate change lobby and move to support a cap and trade program like the one California just put into place? Based on the campaign rhetoric of the last year, it’s hard to...
Poor people don't care about global warming. Only kids and adults from comfortable homes and a decent education will even give it attention. So the others must be driven, like cattle, as the Government might do in totalitarian China or N. Korea. Especially easy to feel good about if you are convinced you know and the opposition are dolts. Bye bye personal liberty. And it will be interesting, if things start getting colder, as it did in around 1970. The word from the Scientists was an ice age might come. But it also comes to mind that China and India do not care a whit, and are burning coal and will buy the shale oil we are to stupid to pipe in.
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago