The election was more than a month ago and many in Washington and around the country are still scrambling to break out their divining rods and polish off their crystal balls. There are still many unanswered questions about the direction of President Obama’s next term, particularly how it will govern on energy policy. Will the President embrace the economic engine of energy production, or will he side with the climate change lobby and move to support a cap and trade program like the one California just put into place? Based on the campaign rhetoric of the last year, it’s hard to...
Poor people don't care about global warming. Only kids and adults from comfortable homes and a decent education will even give it attention. So the others must be driven, like cattle, as the Government might do in totalitarian China or N. Korea. Especially easy to feel good about if you are convinced you know and the opposition are dolts. Bye bye personal liberty. And it will be interesting, if things start getting colder, as it did in around 1970. The word from the Scientists was an ice age might come. But it also comes to mind that China and India do not care a whit, and are burning coal and will buy the shale oil we are to stupid to pipe in.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 5 hours ago