Book 15 of Ovid’s Metamorphoses contains a little synopsis of his epic, and of his Pythagorean philosophy: “nothing in all the world remains unchanged. All things are in a state of flux, all shapes receive a changing nature. Time itself glides on with constant motion, ever as a flowing river. Neither river nor the fleeting hour can stop its constant course. But, as each wave drives on a wave, as each is pressed by that which follows, and must press on that before it, so the moments fly, and others follow, so they are renewed. The moment which moved on before...
My question to Obama supporters, if they are not fellow dreamers, such as Bill Ayres or Van Jones, and others he surrounds himself with, lifelong. How poor do you want to be? Even the people that voted for Obama, because they saw half of his racial origins, are decidedly poorer. Granted that he will bend the rules if you are for him. That is what Demagogues always have done. But it is liking watching a train crash in slow motion.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago