Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
I note that Ben Ghazi and Fast & Furious are both off the radar, while never even being seriously discussed, except on Fox News. While we are told to pay attention to the latest crisis, we take our eyes off unresolved issues.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago