As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
A controlled experiment, with two alternate universes, one with God, one without, would have to be set up, run and measured, if valid Scientific Method were to answer about God being and God not being. I can say that even the ability to question is a gift from God. And only His opinion matters, when a lifetime is over. And I find his standards and ways to act in my Bible. That makes me a dangerous man. The movie 'A Man For All Seasons' illustrates why believers are such a pain to those in authority. Why Christianity is railed against by those who imagine they know how to improve the human condition.
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago