To kick off the yearlong protest festivities, the Wisconsin Education Association Council led a massive "sickout" of educators and other government school personnel. The coordinated truancy action -- tantamount to an illegal strike -- cost taxpayers an estimated $6 million. Left-wing doctors assisted the campaign by supplying fake medical excuse notes to teachers who ditched...
In response to:
Truth001, are you suggesting that the nationwide brotherhood and sisterhood of unions who were responsible for getting Harry Reid re-elected in NV, were unable to raise enough cash to buy the election for your union thugs, thieves, cheaters, and all the lazy, underworked and overpaid idiots that don't understand the simple concept of fiscal responsibility? Is that what you're suggesting?
They really outdid themselves. In Wisconsin and across the nation, public school employee unions spared no kiddie human shields in their battle against GOP Gov. Scott Walker's budget and pension reforms. Students were the first and last casualties of the ruthless Big Labor war against fiscal discipline.
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago