Taxing always comes down to the average American. The theatres will just up the cost of the tickets, popcorn, sodas, candy, etc. The actors will not be harmed, only the average people. Health care is getting so expensive that doctors, hospitals, etc. are adding the costs to the patients bill. Same with restrauants, the bill goes to the diner not the business.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago