Taxing always comes down to the average American. The theatres will just up the cost of the tickets, popcorn, sodas, candy, etc. The actors will not be harmed, only the average people. Health care is getting so expensive that doctors, hospitals, etc. are adding the costs to the patients bill. Same with restrauants, the bill goes to the diner not the business.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago