Often when someone nears the end of life, they begin to contemplate their lives and recognize that of all the things they've accumulated, all the accolades that have been bestowed upon them, nothing is as valuable as life itself: there is nothing that should be protected more than life itself. But if it's the most valuable thing we possess, whose responsibility is it to protect it? Is it the responsibility of the individual that possesses it? Is it the responsibility of the society in which that individual is a constituent? The answer most likely lies somewhere between those two choices....
You are so right! How can anyone with even one half of their brain power expect other people, who they don't even know to pay for something that is entirely their own responsibility. Oh, I forgot, a lot of people in this country have no responsibilities. I am so tired of supporting them.
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 4 hours ago