Often when someone nears the end of life, they begin to contemplate their lives and recognize that of all the things they've accumulated, all the accolades that have been bestowed upon them, nothing is as valuable as life itself: there is nothing that should be protected more than life itself. But if it's the most valuable thing we possess, whose responsibility is it to protect it? Is it the responsibility of the individual that possesses it? Is it the responsibility of the society in which that individual is a constituent? The answer most likely lies somewhere between those two choices....
You are so right! How can anyone with even one half of their brain power expect other people, who they don't even know to pay for something that is entirely their own responsibility. Oh, I forgot, a lot of people in this country have no responsibilities. I am so tired of supporting them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago