Often when someone nears the end of life, they begin to contemplate their lives and recognize that of all the things they've accumulated, all the accolades that have been bestowed upon them, nothing is as valuable as life itself: there is nothing that should be protected more than life itself. But if it's the most valuable thing we possess, whose responsibility is it to protect it? Is it the responsibility of the individual that possesses it? Is it the responsibility of the society in which that individual is a constituent? The answer most likely lies somewhere between those two choices....
You are so right! How can anyone with even one half of their brain power expect other people, who they don't even know to pay for something that is entirely their own responsibility. Oh, I forgot, a lot of people in this country have no responsibilities. I am so tired of supporting them.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 33 mins ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago