During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
I think the president played the birth certificate situation very well. The majority of the voters saw these people as batsh*t crazies who weren't worthy of holding political office. By playing coy with the certificate and then suddenly releasing it without comment, he took the wind out of their sails. The right wingers who staked their reputations on it were suddenly w/o a cause and looked idiotic. Even better, some refused to give it up and doubled down on their bets causing them to look even sillier to the majority of the voters. Who cares about the voters who chose to believe the Birth Certificate craziness, they weren't going to vote for him anyway? Political brilliance!!
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago