During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
I think the president played the birth certificate situation very well. The majority of the voters saw these people as batsh*t crazies who weren't worthy of holding political office. By playing coy with the certificate and then suddenly releasing it without comment, he took the wind out of their sails. The right wingers who staked their reputations on it were suddenly w/o a cause and looked idiotic. Even better, some refused to give it up and doubled down on their bets causing them to look even sillier to the majority of the voters. Who cares about the voters who chose to believe the Birth Certificate craziness, they weren't going to vote for him anyway? Political brilliance!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 12 hours ago