Rep. Tim Huelskamp (KS-01), along with Rep. Raúl Labrador (ID-01), Rep. Jim Jordan (OH-04) and Rep. Steve King (IA-05), discussed the future of the GOP, as well as a host of policy issues they will face as members of the 113th Congress. The Heritage...
In response to:
I find it absolutely hilarious when Repubs call on the President to show some "leadership" on the fiscal cliff. The Constitution that they claim to worship in it's original form clearly states that all spending is to originate in the House. Spending bills then go to the Senate for agreement and finally to the chief executive (the President) for his signature. The intent is clearly for the House to initiate budgets, spending, taxes etc. Seems like calling on the President for "leadership" is a clear admission that they cannot do the task assigned to them by the Constitution. Now I know in today's world that we do expect the President to take the lead, I'm just pointing out the Constitutional requirements and wondering.
"Why did Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan lose?” Jonathan Weisman, a congressional reporter for the New York Times, posed this challenging, yet important question to Republican congressmen who took part in this month’s Conservations with Conservatives. Among the election results, the congress members also discussed the fiscal cliff, the lame duck session, immigration and Paul Ryan.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 18 hours ago