Planned Parenthood received more than a half billion dollars in federal funding last year. The GAO’s investigation is in response to a request made by more than 50 members of Congress in February who asked for a detailed report on how money is being used by Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers across the country.
Specifically, lawmakers want to know what procedures and services they provided and the number of people who...
In response to:
Please. I worked for the government, and I know that a 64 oz. container of Octagon did not cost $4.00 27 years ago...What I really want to know is why people who use the government for funding believe it's okay to be completely irresponsible with someone else's money? If you don't do it with your own money, why would you dare? I'll tell you why. Because the perpetrated attitude that the government is stealing from you to become all knowing, powerful is too much and you think you're sticking it to them. Surprise. The joke will always be on you, never the government --and if (from this keyboard to God's ears) by some stretch the government learned fiduciary responsibility to the taxpayer and the oversight committees would do their damn jobs, we wouldn't have this. Wherever you go, there. you. are.
The Government Accountability Office, the office responsible for exposing the waste fraud and abuse within the federal government, is investigating abortion giant Planned Parenthood.
- Report: As many as 20-30 Gitmo detainees freed within the last few years are now fighting in Syria Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago