Planned Parenthood received more than a half billion dollars in federal funding last year. The GAO’s investigation is in response to a request made by more than 50 members of Congress in February who asked for a detailed report on how money is being used by Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers across the country.
Specifically, lawmakers want to know what procedures and services they provided and the number of people who...
In response to:
Please. I worked for the government, and I know that a 64 oz. container of Octagon did not cost $4.00 27 years ago...What I really want to know is why people who use the government for funding believe it's okay to be completely irresponsible with someone else's money? If you don't do it with your own money, why would you dare? I'll tell you why. Because the perpetrated attitude that the government is stealing from you to become all knowing, powerful is too much and you think you're sticking it to them. Surprise. The joke will always be on you, never the government --and if (from this keyboard to God's ears) by some stretch the government learned fiduciary responsibility to the taxpayer and the oversight committees would do their damn jobs, we wouldn't have this. Wherever you go, there. you. are.
The Government Accountability Office, the office responsible for exposing the waste fraud and abuse within the federal government, is investigating abortion giant Planned Parenthood.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago