Ms. Malkin-- My Coventry health care was the same price for five years. My husband was unemployed in 2006 and we went to an individual plan because COBRA was insane. I paid $436/month with RX coverage after 250 deductible. We became self-employed in 2009 and I had the same plan. As soon as Ocare was passed my premium went up 32%. As of January it went up to $841. With either increase, I could not afford it. So, I have been without for nearly 2 years. The new plan has a 350 ER copay, no RX and copays are 60 with 4 visits per person. It's going to be cheaper to pay the tax and go without....the kicker is that someone will get something for nothing with my money.
- Watch: Hillary Clinton heckled by angry immigration activists Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- New Dem horror story: GOP-held Senate will slow-walk Obama nominees Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- In failed gotcha moment, Scott Brown showed he knows New Hampshire better than debate host Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Welcome to your politically correct Halloween Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Landrieu: My state is kinda racist and sexist, y’know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago