The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Hawk...you should read the WaPo article that talks about Jenny Foo and the dude who has to cut his doggie day care because of sequestration!! Oh, and he can't build his custom bookshelves for five grand, either....Well, since O'care was passed, I don't have health care because my premium is the size of a small mortgage or two car payments with nothing down...and I just can't stretch my dollar any more. HFS, batman!! This is just ridiculous!!
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 41 minutes ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago