One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
The fearful leader Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction to harm Americans in 2003. The USA went to Iraq, putting themselves in close proximity to these WMD. Saddam, scared that his public image would be tarnished, banished his WMD to a far-away place, Syria ! These weapons unbeknown to Saddam completely degraded over the next few months. Saddam was found in a hole. When the Iraqis stand down the Americans can stand up ! No, IT IS, when the Iraqis stand up the Americans can stand down, Hoorah ! Then Iraq granted all of their oil concessions to the Red Chinese because China has been $aving $-their-$ by NOT liberating people ! What ? Are we all really such; witless, clueless, pathetic, hapless, stupid, idiotic, moronic losers ?-?-?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago