One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
The soldiers who carrierd out the mission, Not, "Communist-Marxist-Socialist, Collossal-Misleading-Lying, Pro-99%-anti-1%-Anti-War-Sloganed, Populist-Propagandist, Mass-Illegal-Alien-Invasion-Amnesty-Advocating-Enabling-Facilitating-By-Executive-Orders-Commander, Corrupt-Lying-Democrat-Chicago-Machine-Politician-O'bamanation-of-Desolation !"
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago