But it is critical for conservatives and...
You can't beat the party of Santa, with a Grinch candidate, who wants to cut programs. Instead, a re-branded Party of Fiscal Sanity must junk: the tax code, means-tested programs, and entitlements; and replace it with something better -- something that bypasses the bureaucrats and allows individuals to take full control of their lives. If we get the economics right, everyone will benefit. If the plan makes sense most will vote for it, regardless of income or ethnicity. Nedland P Williams, author of "Fixing Everything"
For most in the political commentary business, labels come and go. I've read reactions to columns throwing about labels like "RINO" (Republican in Name Only) and "Establishment," coupled with others using terms like "radical," "ultraconservative" and "Neanderthal." Now, as likely most Republicans are all too aware, the media are making a great effort to not only paint the GOP as a hopeless cause, but one in which entities are being formed to launch, or are already underway with, an all out assault on the "tea party" and the most conservative wing of the party.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago