I run a successful dog walking business in Massachusetts, and under "Romneycare" I must pay a portion of employee healthcare if I exceed 11 "full time equivalent" [22 employees working 20 hours a week]. As a result, I have opened 3 doggie daycare centers to reduce staffing. We still have walkers making an average of $14/hr. If I am forced to pay healthcare costs, that rate will be cut by $2/hr., to keep my net cost the same. However, the state will see reduced tax revenue on the reduced salaries paid. Nationwide, the federal government will experience reduced tax revenues; either from reduced salaries as above or, if increased costs are passed along through price increases, a reduction in the number of units purchased.
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 3 hours ago