I run a successful dog walking business in Massachusetts, and under "Romneycare" I must pay a portion of employee healthcare if I exceed 11 "full time equivalent" [22 employees working 20 hours a week]. As a result, I have opened 3 doggie daycare centers to reduce staffing. We still have walkers making an average of $14/hr. If I am forced to pay healthcare costs, that rate will be cut by $2/hr., to keep my net cost the same. However, the state will see reduced tax revenue on the reduced salaries paid. Nationwide, the federal government will experience reduced tax revenues; either from reduced salaries as above or, if increased costs are passed along through price increases, a reduction in the number of units purchased.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago