I run a successful dog walking business in Massachusetts, and under "Romneycare" I must pay a portion of employee healthcare if I exceed 11 "full time equivalent" [22 employees working 20 hours a week]. As a result, I have opened 3 doggie daycare centers to reduce staffing. We still have walkers making an average of $14/hr. If I am forced to pay healthcare costs, that rate will be cut by $2/hr., to keep my net cost the same. However, the state will see reduced tax revenue on the reduced salaries paid. Nationwide, the federal government will experience reduced tax revenues; either from reduced salaries as above or, if increased costs are passed along through price increases, a reduction in the number of units purchased.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014