I run a successful dog walking business in Massachusetts, and under "Romneycare" I must pay a portion of employee healthcare if I exceed 11 "full time equivalent" [22 employees working 20 hours a week]. As a result, I have opened 3 doggie daycare centers to reduce staffing. We still have walkers making an average of $14/hr. If I am forced to pay healthcare costs, that rate will be cut by $2/hr., to keep my net cost the same. However, the state will see reduced tax revenue on the reduced salaries paid. Nationwide, the federal government will experience reduced tax revenues; either from reduced salaries as above or, if increased costs are passed along through price increases, a reduction in the number of units purchased.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 36 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago