I run a successful dog walking business in Massachusetts, and under "Romneycare" I must pay a portion of employee healthcare if I exceed 11 "full time equivalent" [22 employees working 20 hours a week]. As a result, I have opened 3 doggie daycare centers to reduce staffing. We still have walkers making an average of $14/hr. If I am forced to pay healthcare costs, that rate will be cut by $2/hr., to keep my net cost the same. However, the state will see reduced tax revenue on the reduced salaries paid. Nationwide, the federal government will experience reduced tax revenues; either from reduced salaries as above or, if increased costs are passed along through price increases, a reduction in the number of units purchased.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago