So taxes will be going up. As a matter of political strategy -- not to say survival -- Republicans will have to agree to raise taxes on those defined as rich. It's...
Just wait until the Government starts rationing…everything…you know what is going to hit the fan…then…Government will take away more of our liberties…What then??? What we have here is a perfect storm brewing…can Civil War be far behind and the only out come? The danger to America is not only the corrupt politicians and jurists but a citizenry capable of entrusting them to protect and defend the Constitution. It will be easier to limit and undo the mistakes of politicians and jurists, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to elect and appoint such men/women to represent them. They are fools for listening to a conman and ignoring his lies.
Realistic Republicans understand that President Obama and the Democrats head into fiscal cliff negotiations in a far stronger bargaining position now than in 2011. When voters were asked on Nov. 6 whether they favored raising taxes to reduce the deficit, a total of 60 percent said yes (47 percent favored increasing taxes for those who earn $250,000 or more, and 13 percent approved tax increases for all).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago