In response to:
“This debate is not worth the hatred and vulgarity that it ignites. We have much more important battles to be fought.” What on earth would be more important than defending an institution that has served civilization so well for more than two thousand years? Immoralists are devolving “the laws of nature” and of “nature’s God”, to a time civilization first appeared. It’s rooted in the plague that currently surrounds us…EVIL…an inability to do what is RIGHT vs. an insistence on doing what is WRONG; and without a moral compass and commonsense, unable to comprehend the differences between them. Evolving is easy…when it is based upon values associated with “the laws of nature” and of “nature’s God”. It is devolving that is complicated…based upon an individual’s own immoral values that is associated with nothing more than “what feels good to me”. But it does harm our society and civilization...This whole controversy isn’t about rights…no one’s rights are being threatened; and it’s NOT about who they are, it’s about what they do. Look at HISTORY…what does it say about the fall of the Roman Empire and the Athenian Republic…contributing factors that were a catalyst for their downfall, was their civic corruption and decline in morals. Gee…that sounds familiar. This controversy has nothing to do with rights or bigotry and has everything to do with values; the moral values that founded this great nation and allowed it to prosper and grow strong. If there is a next generation they will be asking what the heck happened to these moral values. Can America survive our civic corruption and decline in morals? Sadly…History says NO…only through God’s grace can America be saved from itself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago