Each day I become convinced we elected Chance 'Chauncey' Gardner (Being There) as president. Both came from obscurity and uttered simplistic and often stupide statements misinterpreted by the press and elites as deep metaphoric wisdom. Nothing in Obama's background showed he had experience, skill, or aptitude in economics, healthcare, defense, energy, or foreign policy, yet his failures in each are not viewed as an inevitable outcome of electing someone just winging it. There was a brief moment where the US could have played a pivotal guiding role in helping the mideast leap forward into modernity, and Obama could have played that role. But he offered nothing to the millions of people in that region because like Chance he has nothing to offer.
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago