Each day I become convinced we elected Chance 'Chauncey' Gardner (Being There) as president. Both came from obscurity and uttered simplistic and often stupide statements misinterpreted by the press and elites as deep metaphoric wisdom. Nothing in Obama's background showed he had experience, skill, or aptitude in economics, healthcare, defense, energy, or foreign policy, yet his failures in each are not viewed as an inevitable outcome of electing someone just winging it. There was a brief moment where the US could have played a pivotal guiding role in helping the mideast leap forward into modernity, and Obama could have played that role. But he offered nothing to the millions of people in that region because like Chance he has nothing to offer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 7 hours ago