Each day I become convinced we elected Chance 'Chauncey' Gardner (Being There) as president. Both came from obscurity and uttered simplistic and often stupide statements misinterpreted by the press and elites as deep metaphoric wisdom. Nothing in Obama's background showed he had experience, skill, or aptitude in economics, healthcare, defense, energy, or foreign policy, yet his failures in each are not viewed as an inevitable outcome of electing someone just winging it. There was a brief moment where the US could have played a pivotal guiding role in helping the mideast leap forward into modernity, and Obama could have played that role. But he offered nothing to the millions of people in that region because like Chance he has nothing to offer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 5 hours ago