This is really the core distinction in our society. The left truly believes that the role of government is what Ellison states, poverty programs, housing programs, and other mechanisms where the government takes from one group of people to give to another group of people. In their minds, this is what government is supposed to do. The conservative argument about the Constitution, Founding Fathers, and individual rights means almost nothing to this person and his ilk. And at the core of their beliefs is the need for politicians and bureaucrats to be in the middle determining who gets taken away from and who gets given to. This is why liberal politicians cannot be reasoned with based on conservative principles; they don't believe they should hold sway in the modern world.
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago