This is really the core distinction in our society. The left truly believes that the role of government is what Ellison states, poverty programs, housing programs, and other mechanisms where the government takes from one group of people to give to another group of people. In their minds, this is what government is supposed to do. The conservative argument about the Constitution, Founding Fathers, and individual rights means almost nothing to this person and his ilk. And at the core of their beliefs is the need for politicians and bureaucrats to be in the middle determining who gets taken away from and who gets given to. This is why liberal politicians cannot be reasoned with based on conservative principles; they don't believe they should hold sway in the modern world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 4 hours ago