This is really the core distinction in our society. The left truly believes that the role of government is what Ellison states, poverty programs, housing programs, and other mechanisms where the government takes from one group of people to give to another group of people. In their minds, this is what government is supposed to do. The conservative argument about the Constitution, Founding Fathers, and individual rights means almost nothing to this person and his ilk. And at the core of their beliefs is the need for politicians and bureaucrats to be in the middle determining who gets taken away from and who gets given to. This is why liberal politicians cannot be reasoned with based on conservative principles; they don't believe they should hold sway in the modern world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 5 hours ago