Over at MSNBC a riot of consensus broke out when contributors Mike Barnicle and Donny Deutsch as well as University of Pennsylvania professor Anthea Butler all agreed that the people behind the video should be indicted as accessories to murder. "Good Morning," declared Butler, "How soon is Sam Bacile [the alleged creator...
Jonah, you missed the bigger point: free speech precedes all other rights. According to Muslims, the Koran is the word of Allah because Muhammed said so. Muhammed is the prophet of Allah because the Koran said so. If you disagree, you can be killed based on the rules set forth in the Koran and the example set forth by Muhammed in the Hadith. Complete circular reasoning that should be mocked daily by every sentient being on the planet. Without freedom of speech, we can't escape from fundamentalist justifying killing people who disagree with them.
An incendiary video about the prophet Muhammad, "Innocence of Muslims," was blamed for the mob attacks on our embassies in Libya and Egypt (and later, Yemen). In Libya, Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were murdered. The video stirred some passion here in America as well.
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 12 hours ago