There are four obvious scandals. 1. The misfeasance of not protecting our Ambassador after repeated requests for extra security, on the anniversary of 9/11, in a city that experienced numerous attacks on western assets. 2. The malfeasance of not sending aid to Americans under attack. Could a fly over by a couple of jets have a difference? We will never know. 3. The orchestrated cover up where numerous members of the Obama administration knowingly lied about what happened during a presidential election. There is no way to spin this story into anything other than a deliberate, coordinated campaign to lie to the American people, intimidate government workers, and suborn perjury. Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama stood in front of those caskets and knowingly lied to the American public about why those men were killed. Might that knowledge have changed the dynamics of the 2012 election? Almost certainly. 4. The abject complicity of the press to de-prioritize this story to protect Obama and Clinton. Any objective observer knows that any of these three scandals are important stories about a sitting administration, and any student of history knows how those scandals would be covered if the president were republican. Those are the scandals we know about, and the third one probably rises to a potentially impeachable offense. But there are still a lot of unanswered questions that the media should be doggedly pursuing. Where was Obama? Who gave the orders for the military to stand down? Who changed the talking points? Why was the ambassador in Benghazi on 9/11 with such little protection? Were the media not totally corrupt, they would cover this as a story, and not refer to it as if it were merely a partisan game.
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago