Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago