Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago