Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 5 hours ago