Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones; Update: White House responds Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago