Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 35 mins ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago