NFL Tough Guys Need Dads, Too

NCLaw441 Wrote: Jan 29, 2015 11:23 AM
I sent my kids (boy/girl twins) to public schools, a decision we don't regret, as we have good schools here. I remember visiting them at school for lunch or something like that. And there would appear this small swarm of boys (mostly black kids), looking for some attention from a man, any man. Back then it was kind of ok to give them a hug or rub their heads and just let them know that they were worth caring about. Not only is it destructive for kids, especially boys, but all kids, not to have fathers, but the fathers are truly missing one of the most rewarding parts of life if they are not there to raise their children.

Vladimir Putin is a Good Democrat

NCLaw441 Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 3:10 PM
Now, let's count the states whose citizens have common sense, and you'll get quite a different picture. (For the record I have a graduate degree.)
Who can say how much pay is "warranted" for a particular person? You? Me? "Government"? How? What formula would be used? Do I think it is fair compensation what some CEOs, or athletes, or actors (whom liberals never mention) make? No, but I don't pay them. They negotiate their pay with those who do pay them. It is no one else's business what those numbers turn out to be. It is not as though it is taken from you.
There might have been some sort of program developed to subsidize the cost of community college, but this is a thing that the President should first have discussed with Congressional leaders. This might have been the kind of "ice breaker" that could lead to cooperation, if not agreement on many things, between the Executive and Legislative branches. Another opportunity lost.
LGBT folks certainly do have the right to go about their lives without discrimination and hate, but they do NOT have the right to go about their lives without disagreement as to whether the lifestyles they have chosen are right or not. People cannot help how they are inclined to act, sexually or otherwise, but each person CAN control his/her/its behavior, sexual and otherwise. And those people who may find certain behavior, sexual or otherwise, wrong, are entitled to hold those opinions, AND to voice them if they wish. That is the freedom and the cost, of living in a free country.

Why Teach Art History?

NCLaw441 Wrote: Jan 07, 2015 4:18 PM
Brilliant, Richard31! I am pleased not to have to respond. Art and Art History make for a fuller human experience. But only a limited number of people are needed to teach us about it. I would add a few thousand people, perhaps, to your estimate, to cover those who would teach art history to students who might take a semester or two of it. I taught high school French, and was often asked why the subject should be taught, since few people in the US need to know French. I asked, in return, "Why do you play basketball? You don't plan to play professionally, I know. Is it because it adds meaning and fullness to your life in some way? It is the same with learning French, or another language." Today I just say, "There just aren't many art history stores."
Do you know whether he was lying down or sitting up in the ambulance? I don't.

Climate Catastrophe

NCLaw441 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 8:21 AM
I believe you are right perhaps in what the extreme environmentalists want. Fortunately, at least for now, the vast majority of the real population do not accept that as a valid purpose. If more people knew what the extreme environmentalists wanted they would be quickly ushered out of society.

Climate Catastrophe

NCLaw441 Wrote: Dec 10, 2014 8:17 AM
Brilliant article and perspective.

Can Racial Discrimination Explain Much?

NCLaw441 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 9:21 AM
I disagree. Parents are responsible for sending to school, ready and able to learn. It is a low threshold-- listen to the teacher, obey the teacher, do the work assigned. If not done, parents should administer the proper punishment, so that the next day it IS done.

Can Racial Discrimination Explain Much?

NCLaw441 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 9:19 AM
Parents are supposed to be the monitors.