After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
I heard each of these fellas on Hewitt's show as I listen everyday while I draw, because I am an Architect. I deal with numbers all day long in calculating areas and logging what different kinds of areas there are..you have so many different ways of calculating anything mathematical, but yet there are those building blocks from whence math always comes from. What is missing from these polls: the leg work of starting with the basic knowlege of what the current demographic is TODAY. We have the 2010 midterms to help us determine this as well as history. Read this an weep fellas as bloggers are doing the real work: http://datechguyblog.com/2012/09/17/demoralized-as-hell-the-poll-the-media-isnt-talking-about-edition/
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago