Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
These issues are trivial compared to the problems produced by the War on Drugs.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago