Migraines are largely genetic...my mother had them as do I, and all three of my children. My dad smoked; but no one in MY home smoked. Odors from perfumes, plastics, scented candles, and outdoor burning ALWAYS initiate a migraine in me, as well as certain foods, sunshine/glare/storms and other weather-related changes. I cannot/would not stop people from living their lives just because of my headaches...the list is too long. And then, who do I blame for the weather-migraines?
I'm beginning to sternly dislike our current government! I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs...and have recently given up those dreaded sweet and delicious carbonated beverages. Life is healthy, and quite boring. But...my state is probably going to vote for legalized "medicinal" marijuana this fall. Never mind the fact that most chronically ill patients don't get relief from SMOKING the drug, it still astounds me that cigarettes have a (well-deserved as we now know) bad rap, while proposed drug-smoking is lauded as a great health benefit. Color me crazy, but in my clear-of-all-vices brain...that is just plain stupid thinking.
America is becoming patently ridiculous.

Let’s Privatize Medicare

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 12:33 PM
What about payments to illegals...yes, it happens. Also retirees who become naturalized, but have never worked here, are eligible for Medicare. You are right that the high unemployment has hurt every sector of our economy...but illegals have usurped MUCH MORE of our nation's bounty, without paying into the system at all.

Let’s Privatize Medicare

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 12:04 PM
Just think about how much physicians would save...in money and TIME (which Is money, too) if they got rid of all the insurance/Medicare paperwork, the extra staff to process it, the low-reimbursement fees, and the delay in such meager payments. When my kids were young, I paid their Pediatric visits up-front, then filed the doctor's paperwork for MY reimbursement at the rate of 80/20...no matter what the procedure or charge. MY choices, MY children, MY money. It worked great...catastrophic expenses were capped at $5,000 out-of-pocket per year; and no one told you how long a hospitalization could be...if you were not recovered sufficiently, you stayed until you were well enough to go home.

Let’s Privatize Medicare

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 23, 2014 10:57 AM
I live in a large county with a major city boasting many hospitals, several of which are world-class. Our Medicare Advantage program offers FOUR hospitals on their plan...NONE of which are the excellent ones; they are mostly small community hospitals. Another disadvantage is the lack of physician choices...sure, it is LOTS cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Because of that, my husband and I have opted for regular Medicare plus an OUTRAGEOUS supplement premium. It takes nearly all of my monthly Social Security check to cover the $100 (each!) that Medicare takes up front; the $50 (each) for prescription premiums; and then the extremely expensive supplemental policy. Since hubby is still working part-time, we will give our health top priority...when he fully retires, I guess we will have to take a "disadvantage" plan. Until then, I will try to address every health issue that comes up...I am paying the big bucks for it, so I will not waste it! Unless you take the inferior plans, Medicare (most retirees are on a reduced and fixed income) is ridiculously expense! I was absolutely shocked that it is more expensive than our former employer-based plan; which I do not understand because Medicare is a nationwide program, not restricted to local access.

Race-Based Justice

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 8:05 PM
Juvenile records are sealed...so are you positive?

Race-Based Justice

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 2:54 PM
"Child" is not an 18-year-old, 6'4" nearly 300 pound, menacing and intimidating thief. That is NOT conjecture; it is video-proven fact. An "innocent child" and Michael Brown are two very different people. The police motto of "protect and serve" doesn't mean the officer has to give up his own life for lawbreakers who accost and/or threaten them. But, I would dare say those same officers WOULD willingly give their own lives to protect an innocent child...of any race. You are judging only this one case; not the whole of what police are faced with each and every day on the streets. I am sure those everyday protections go unnoticed by the media...perhaps a business owner may say thanks...perhaps a mother whose child was injured in an accident may say thanks...perhaps the elderly man whose companion-dog was lost and returned may say thanks. At least I hope so. But on the flip side, I wonder how many teens and young adults in the black communities ever thank a cop...or do most just "flip him off?"

Race-Based Justice

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 1:00 PM
Why aren't the good people of Ferguson also alarmed...outraged, in fact...with the HUNDREDS of black-on-black murders in Chicago? Some of these victims are just innocent little children! I will have more sympathy for these rare "cops-on-bums" cases when I hear Holder, Obama, Jesse and Sharpton LOUDLY complain about, and lead marches against, the murderers there. Why is there silence...just as with abortions that annihilate over 350,000 black babies EVERY YEAR!

Race-Based Justice

Navy-baby Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 10:40 AM
I have never considered myself racist in any way, shape or form...prior to this case. My husband grew up on an island that was 96% black; HE was a minority there. He had black friends, teachers, and mentors throughout his childhood. When we visit his homeland, we seek out those dear old friends...they shaped his world-view; they shared their culture; they taught him the love of Jesus is in ALL. Ones's color was irrelevant; only one's character mattered. He has much more faith in humanity than do I. At this point, with the reactions to such lawlessness in Ferguson, I see blatant racism on display...whites are held to law and order behaviors; blacks are allowed to ignore laws at will. THIS is what now makes me think I just might be racist; I cannot abide one group of people being treated differently than another. And, in Ferguson, the blacks have all the "rights." To riot, to loot, to cause general mayhem; they USE their race as a shield against law enforcement. Lawlessness is not pretty, and will NOT function for long in their neighborhoods. Again, the black community will lose much more than they think they are winning. Sad.
Right...now what? The dirty deed is done; the President is golfing/vacationing; Congress doesn't have the guts to call him out...and even if they did, the Supreme Count would just collectively yawn. Can WE, the citizens, bring a class-action suit against him for endangering us? Isn't that actually an impeachable offense? Oh...wait, he is shielded by his race(ism).