--The following public institutions recently have joined the growing ranks of those that have banned the use of the word "Easter" in order to diminish or eliminate references to religion: East Meadow School District in New York, Prospect Heights Public Library in Illinois, Heritage Elementary School in Alabama, Manhattan Beach Unified...
ALLOWING individuals and Christians to hand out religious articles (such as prayer books or rosaries) at Walter Reed Hospital is NOT "using the government to bolster religion." But, It IS most definitely denying certain citizens the right to free speech and religious expression--and possibly denying some wounded soldiers a time-honored source of comfort. Can a Jew bring in a Rabbi to say a prayer over an injured warrior? What if other patients HEAR the prayer; oh-no, those patients should complain, right? Silly, isn't it? You bet!
Last week, I gave 12 examples of how religious liberty has been assaulted in just the past two years in the U.S. Here are about two dozen more instances just for good measure, as reported by the Family Research Council, the office of Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., and various media outlets.
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 38 mins ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago