--The following public institutions recently have joined the growing ranks of those that have banned the use of the word "Easter" in order to diminish or eliminate references to religion: East Meadow School District in New York, Prospect Heights Public Library in Illinois, Heritage Elementary School in Alabama, Manhattan Beach Unified...
BTW, Robert, being "poor" is not a death sentence. Most of my dad's family were "dirt poor" during the Great Depression. He joined the CCC's at 17, to be able to WORK and send money home to his family--he got to keep $5.00 a MONTH, but was given room and board far, far away from his family while he worked on the West Coast. NO ONE today in American should lack healthcare--free clinics are in every town. Most schools have free lunches--ours even has free breakfast for ALL. Food stamps keep them fed the rest of the time. The truly needy have many options for help; the neglected child is the one I most worry about--and that is where adoption can work wonders.
Last week, I gave 12 examples of how religious liberty has been assaulted in just the past two years in the U.S. Here are about two dozen more instances just for good measure, as reported by the Family Research Council, the office of Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., and various media outlets.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago