Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Wasn't Sandy Hook ALL female teachers and administrators? I think I heard that a janitor was the only consistently male presence--did that, in fact, encourage the shooter?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 13 hours ago