Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Wasn't Sandy Hook ALL female teachers and administrators? I think I heard that a janitor was the only consistently male presence--did that, in fact, encourage the shooter?
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Sen. Landrieu’s first ad: “What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it” Erika Johnsen 27 minutes ago
- Boehner: These conservative groups who are objecting to the budget deal are “ridiculous” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA on the Renewable Fuel Standard: Uhm, we’re totally just now realizing that this is unrealistic and inadvisable Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Only 5-15% of enrollees have paid their first month of premiums in some ObamaCare plans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New data from HHS: 365,000 sign-ups for ObamaCare plans so far Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Administration tells Israel it lied about Iran deal jeffdunetz 4 hours ago