While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
Real clowns in power would be an improvement right now. At least we might be amused for a while.
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago