Tonight marks the annual zenith of American political pageantry, as President Obama will address a joint session of Congress in a nationally-televised speech. As we reported yesterday, White House aides say Obama has fashioned an "aggressive" message as he prepares to do partisan battle with Hill Republicans over the coming months. Following the Obama Show, Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver the GOP's rebuttal, followed by Sen. Rand Paul, who will speak on behalf of the Tea Party. For a sense of Rubio's approach to an always-difficult task, read this preview from the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Paul, meanwhile, may...
A light should be shone on the hot air Obama spews, but it's just plain too dangerous.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago