Tonight marks the annual zenith of American political pageantry, as President Obama will address a joint session of Congress in a nationally-televised speech. As we reported yesterday, White House aides say Obama has fashioned an "aggressive" message as he prepares to do partisan battle with Hill Republicans over the coming months. Following the Obama Show, Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver the GOP's rebuttal, followed by Sen. Rand Paul, who will speak on behalf of the Tea Party. For a sense of Rubio's approach to an always-difficult task, read this preview from the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Paul, meanwhile, may...
A light should be shone on the hot air Obama spews, but it's just plain too dangerous.
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago