Tonight marks the annual zenith of American political pageantry, as President Obama will address a joint session of Congress in a nationally-televised speech. As we reported yesterday, White House aides say Obama has fashioned an "aggressive" message as he prepares to do partisan battle with Hill Republicans over the coming months. Following the Obama Show, Sen. Marco Rubio will deliver the GOP's rebuttal, followed by Sen. Rand Paul, who will speak on behalf of the Tea Party. For a sense of Rubio's approach to an always-difficult task, read this preview from the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes. Paul, meanwhile, may...
"Aw can "invest" in these kneeded "opportunities" without adden to the nashional debt." I get the impression that someone sequestered Obama's brain...or perhaps the collective brains of the American public.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 8 hours ago