Well, no actually, except for the part about trying to learn the cello. It's been 18 months now, and I'm plugging away, attempting to force my hands, arms, body, but mostly my brain, to do things...
At last something on townhall I can relate to!!! I've been learning the tenor sax for the last year in the UK (an 'evil liberal' instrument to many here I'm sure!!) I've managed to get through the first two grades with distinction which I'm pleased about. Definitely recommend learning an instrument at a 'later age' (I'm 45). I find I'm a lot more patient than I was when I tried to learn the guitar at 14 (got frustrated that I wasn't Jimi Hendrix after a month) and it does an ageing mind good to learn new things. I've also developed an interest in jazz which was a genre I knew ver little about.
Seized by some peculiar muse (clearly one with a sense of humor), I have undertaken to learn the cello in middle age. To the amazement of my teacher, my family and myself, I've made incredibly rapid progress. Displaying a fluidity and musicianship that cannot be taught, I burned through the early books and went straight to repertoire that is usually the province of advanced players.
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 3 hours ago