So, remake the whole thing, forcing everybody to go along? It's one thing for a school to decide it's time to move to greener pastures, but to force them into an entirely different system in the name of fairness is just ridiculous.
Excuse me, but why force Notre Dame into a conference? Their independence is a tradition. I don't even know why people had such a huge problem with the old system save the arbitrary quest for "fairness" or some such nonsense. As this column shows, all the quest for a "fair" bowl system will do is either lead to an even more radically unfair playoff system or a ridiculously large playoff system. And while we're at it, we'll destroy traditions of college football like Notre Dame independence and demotion of the military academies to an enlarged FCS, and probably permanently bar FCS entry into the BCS unless the NCAA starts a promotion/demotion system like the English Football League System, which few will like.
Wait, Jesse Benton was managing McConnell's campaign. Am I hearing that one of Ron Paul's former top campaign guys (and family member to boot, he married one of the Paul cousins I think) was McConnell's campaign manager? I know that Rand Paul and McConnell have become amiable towards each other, but I didn't realize that they had combined organizations to that degree.

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 4:29 PM
Authority implies some level of legitimacy. Few totalitarian states have had much legitimacy. Modern progressives support something more along the lines of raw state power, not state authority. Conservatives, by definition, support legitimate authority, including the state's proper authority.

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 4:26 PM
I'm no Bush fan, but this is just ridiculous.

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 4:13 PM
Also, a report came out yesterday that there had been an absurd amount of immigration into the UK under the Cameron tenure, despite the fact Tories are supposed to crackdown on that sort of thing. Any move he makes from now until May (their elections) is damage control as the Tories head into a fiery crash.

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 4:09 PM
My non-fanship of Cameron goes beyond mere indifference personally. I loathe him more than Obama. At least I expect as much from a Democrat. From a British Tory? Well, I guess the only thing to say is that the party has gone downhill since Churchill. Not to mention, I'm almost 100% certain any sensible move he makes is driven purely by politics. This one especially because a Tory MP defected to UKIP yesterday and so they will finally have much deserved Westminster representation (assuming he wins the upcoming by-election).

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 3:59 PM
It doesn't, but it's par for the course for Cameron. He campaigned as a great admirer of Obama.

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 3:36 PM
What's wrong with authority?

Hey Obama, David Cameron Has a Strategy

Nathan223 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 3:27 PM
Lol! That's funny. He's a "conservative" who capitulated on gay marriage, quakes at the sight of an EU bureaucrat, and managed to bungle what was an almost sure victory in 2010 into being dependent on a coalition with the Liberal Democrats whose policies are as terrible as they sound. Cameron is held hostage by the EU and Clegg (the leader of the Lib-Dems) most of the time. They're allowing him this one because otherwise they'll have to deal with the more sensible UKIP instead of the useless Tories.