The topic of illegal immigration always reminds me of the life boat capitain scenerio. Do we want a capitain that continues to rescue people from the water until the life boat itself is overloaded and sinks or do we want a capitain that knows when to turn the boat away saving the lives of some rather than killing everyone? We need a leader who can make tough decisions on behalf of the American citizenry instead of pandering to foreign nationals at the expense of us all........Bleeding hearts have no business being life boat captains.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago