The topic of illegal immigration always reminds me of the life boat capitain scenerio. Do we want a capitain that continues to rescue people from the water until the life boat itself is overloaded and sinks or do we want a capitain that knows when to turn the boat away saving the lives of some rather than killing everyone? We need a leader who can make tough decisions on behalf of the American citizenry instead of pandering to foreign nationals at the expense of us all........Bleeding hearts have no business being life boat captains.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 53 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago